Thursday, February 27, 2014

While he was gone...

Evan was out of town for the past week for work, so it was a girls week! The girls and I stayed in all week playing and while they napped I kept myself busy by painting and crafting. Since the girls go to bed at 7 and 7:30, I needed a big project to do at night so I didn't watch TV all night. I decided to tackle a few huge projects! My parents gave us their old crib, so I decided to paint the oak bright white. I also added a few accent walls- our entire hallway, in my craft room, and a large monogrammed "H" in Harper's room. 

It was a busy week filled with projects, but I think I needed them so I wouldn't miss Evan as much and it helped the time pass. 

I forgot to take a before picture of the hallway, but first I taped the strips off every 16 inches. I then taped three arrows an inch thick and 8 inches long. 

I was nervous to do such a bold pattern in the front room, but once it was painted and the tape removed I fell in love. Slowly our house is getting decorated. 


The crib was a huge undertaking and took most of the week, but I think it turned out great. I used our paint sprayer since there are so many angles. I used three coats of the white and two polyurethane. 


It took three days of paint/dry time. Harper finally has a crib after 4 months- now to figure out how to assemble it!


I painted a wall in Harper's room a while ago (see above picture). Her room still looked kind of plain to me- now that I think of it, her room only had a rocking chair and pack and play. So I added a big monogrammed H to one of the walls. Once the crib is together I will hang a few pictures and her room should be done. 



My craft room wall was simple. I randomly painted gold dots along the wall. They are heavier towards the top and lighten towards the floor. This room is still a disaster, but hopefully I can get it together soon. 


I had a few random projects that I also worked on- sewing the girls bedding, shadow boxes with their blessing dresses and working on baby books. Like I said- I was trying to stay busy!






2 comments:

Chelsi said...

You are seriously the most amazing painter! Love all of it.

Dorothy said...

Oh my gosh I am so impressed. These all look great and I especially love the gold dots.