Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sisters (round two)

Oh, these two. Every day they get cuter and cuter. I get asked quit often how things are going and my usual response is 'every day gets easier' or 'they are great', but in reality without Lucy (seriously) I don't know if it would be this easy. 

Lucy loves being a big sister and loves helping with Harper. Harper is getting better at being a little sister and is so patient with Lu. I love watching these two together and often catch them in deep conversation. 


My favorite moments of these two this month:

If Harper is in her car seat and upset, Lucy will find a way to rock her or say 'hi' until Harper smiles

Lucy encourages tummy time (more than I do even) and surrounds Harper with toys to keep her busy

They mostly want to be together. When we first brought Harpy home from the hospital, Lu wanted nothing to do with her. But now, I often find either Harper rolling to Lu or Lucy bringing Harper along when she plays. 

Lucy looks out for Harper. At the gym daycare, if Harpy is upset or alone, the workers tell me she will drop what she is doing to be the first to keep her sister company. 






I am the first to admit that I was so overwhelmed when we found out that I was pregnant and having two babies within a year, but looking at these two together I know that they were BFFs in heaven and couldn't be apart any longer. These two brighten my day everyday. I'm do glad I get to be their mama. 





4 comments:

Shauntel said...

That photo of Lucy squeezing Harper's face. I die.

Cutest sisters ever.

Brittany and Tyler Clark said...

So cute! Made me feel better about having two babies soon!! I love how Lucy takes care of her! So precious

Brittany and Tyler Clark said...

Made me feel so much better! I love how cute they are together :)

Unknown said...

i miss them :(