Monday, July 15, 2013

Dirty Laundry

When we first brought Lucy home from the hospital, we were living in an apartment in Salt Lake/Cotton Wood Heights area. We didn't have a washer and dryer, so I had to pack up 3 loads of laundry and the baby once a week to go to the coin laundry room. Because I couldn't wash things as soon as they got dirty (Lucy's spit ups and "accidents") most of her things had stains on them. NOW, I can wash things when they need to be so stains don't set in! 

I've been going through Lucy's closet and boxes to get things ready for the new baby, and most have awful yellow stains. I threw out one last Hail Mary and used an old trick I learned from my grams. She never used stain remover, she would just lay wet clothes in the sun for an hour or so keeping the stain damp then wash like normal. I took it one step farther and used Oxy Clean. 

I started with all the blankets and jammies first. 


Since it is 100 degrees outside, I went out every 15 minutes to re-spray the spots. After waiting, washing and drying, most if not all the stains are either gone or not noticeable! I can't wait to clean some of my favorite outfits that Lu only wore a few times for her little sister to wear. This is my new favorite way to fight any kind of stain. 





1 comment:

Chelsi said...

Okay - 2 things about this:

first- THANK YOU. I'm going to try this with little man's clothes. Ivie was a bit bigger than Liam, and never wore newborn stuff, so I didn't prep any for him, but for the last 5 weeks anything not NB has drown him. My sweet friend brought over a box of the NB clothes she loved and saved from her little boy, and we have stains on several peices of them - which I feel awful about. So excited to try your trick!

2 - Little sister?!?! Did I somehow miss the memo that you are having another girl? Hip, Hip, Hooray!