Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our new toy!

So we had the eventful weekend- Saturday night's football game will not be talked about. On Saturday morning we went to our stakes annual Family Expo. I loved it! We were able to chose workshops to attend and we were blessed to hear from out Stake Presidency. They are wonderful men of God and it is such an experience to hear from them and feed off of their words. When we listened to President and Sister Ehat, there were maybe six other couples in the room, so it was such an intimate and personal setting to be able to talk with them. After we had a delicious lunch and enjoyed the company of some close friends and a few new friends.

But back to Friday night, I came home from work with...a DVR! We love it! The best invention ever. Since we are at work all day and have commitments most nights during the week, we miss a lot of our favorite shows- namely PTI for Evan and Judge Judy for me. We also enjoy watching all the movies that they play on TV without the commercials.

My favorite part of the whole DVR, while I was setting it up and reading the instructions, this is what a part said (no joke, this is word for word): "When batteries need replacement, the remote control will stop operating." All I can say about that is WOW and DUH.

As soon as I can find my cord for our camera I will post some pictures from the unmentionable football game.

No comments: