Sunday, September 6, 2009

10 Signs School is Back in Session

Here is my list of things that were observed this weekend reassuring my assumptions that Provo is a different world in the summer time.

10. It takes almost 2 hours to go to the Walmart or Macy's
9. We need to exit the back of our parking lot a lot more now- no more quick turns out onto 5th west
8. The extra 10 minutes added to my drive to work- all of it from home to Bulldog and sometimes University Pkwy
7. Realizing how much older we are than the freshman
6. More often then not, there is a car stopped in the middle of the intersection of 550 W and University Pkwy (the one by Albertsons and Olive Garden)
5. All the mac and cheese, top romen, and pot pies are sold out at every grocery store- yes Evan does still eat like a college student some times and I love it!
4. We can't go somewhere without running into someone from current classes, old classes, old jobs, etc.
3. No more open parking at our complex
2. Seeing all of our old friends that have been gone all summer at internships
1. I lost my husband on the weekends to COLLEGE FOOTBALL

And along with the football, it is always funny to hear what the ESNP announcers have to say about BYU. For example, last night a really good play was made and the announcer said, "Max Hall just said 'Oh my gosh', or whatever they say down in Provo". Gotta love the clean reputation that the town has.

1 comment:

Mel and Nate said...

We need to get together! Do you see Evan at all??? I feel your pain if you do not! Well, it has not been that bad but I am very excited for Christmas break! Eli misses your nursery! We have not found one that even compares-you are an awesome pres!