Sunday, October 13, 2013

Painting

Since moving in our house I have painted three rooms. The first room I did was Lucy's. I added horizontal stripes to three walls and an accent wall of glitter paint behind her crib. 


The next room I pained was the guest room. This room was last on my list, but my baby sister asked to move in with us for a few months so I added a chevron wall behind the bed. I thought about doing it in a different color, but stuck with the gray family and used left over paint from Lucy's room. After a few precious nap hours of taping, I spent another nap time painting. It was a long project, but I think it's cute. 

The third room I painted was the new nursery. Evan said he wanted to add color to our gray/black/white house, so I went with pink!  I have fabric picked out for the bedding, so I matched the pink to one of the fabrics. I could decide on a design for a while because I didn't want classic flowers. I went with almost the same modern rose pattern that is one of the fabrics. This room has sat basically untouched for the last week. Hopefully I find some motivation or the whole nesting think kicks in soon because baby bean is coming soon...




1 comment:

Chelsi said...

Oh Heather you are seriously amazing! I'm trying to be brave and start with some texture/design painting in the hall bath at our new place. I'll need all your tips!